Welcome to Lundby Lane

This blog chronicles The Life and Times on Lundby Lane...

It is a continuing saga of the events & goings on of the little people (peeps) and their amazing adventures.



Monday, December 20, 2010

Brinca Dada Modern House - Mary's Christmas Present

It was meant to be.
A One Year Blogiversary Present for YOU to see.

Although Mary just moved into a new house (October) she thought it wasn't big enough.
(Mary is a very spoiled brat doll who gets almost everything she wants.)
So we had to get her the New Brinca Dada - Emerson House.
Who says dolls can't go from Vintage to Modern?




How this happened. I have always thought this house was pretty cool but did not think it would fit too well in my collection yet I found myself attracted to it. I would not just buy this house over the Internet without seeing it in person. I thought I had to go to New York to see it. Well I was on the Brinca Dada web site a short time ago and checked the link for locations near me. I about fell out of my chair. A store about 10 miles from me had the house on display. I called, I grabbed Mary and some Lundby furniture and was at the store soon after. This was not a miniature store but a store with a very smart owner who was impressed with the house and ordered a few. Well I'll be but the Lundby furniture fit nicely and Mary would not leave the house. She just flat out wanted it. I sure did too. Now it was time to coax hubby. I asked the store owner to put a hold on the house knowing full well that I didn't have room for it and the price was a bit too high. I then asked hubby to just go take a look at it. Well wouldn't ya know but hubby fell in love with the house. He thought it was art work and would fit into our home nicely. He just admired it from all angles and then paid for the house. YIPPEE!!! It was all a fluke that this happened and yet it was meant to be.

Assembly of the House. The store owner had some very smart and talented young customers who were able to assemble her floor model for her. I was fortunate enough that these super nice people were willing to come to my house and assemble mine for me. Thanks so much to Chris and Angela. It was a fun evening with them and a bit of a challenge but you can see the end result.

Regarding the Blogiversary...
It is pure joy to have lasted here one year and made so many contacts and dear friends.

Stats:
  • 73 different countries have stopped by.
  • 4,366 different visitors have stopped by.
  • I have done 105 posts in one year.
Impressive I would say. Thank-You all!

Please see the Two Posts below with another 31 photos of the Emerson House by Brinca Dada.
Link to Brinca Dada's Web Site: http://www.brincadada.com/


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your one year blogiversary. I am very glad you started blogging. I enjoy your posts very much and your peeps are hilarious. Keep 'em coming.

    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blogiversary and the Emerson House! I saw it at FAO Schwartz in New York and it's fabulous! I have really enjoyed reading your posts and follow the life of your peeps this year! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Whoa! Beautiful new house!!!! Wild about it is it truly solar powered!!!! CM

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Amy! I would love to pop a "small" pill so I could go inside and visit with Mary! This is a wonderful house and you have created a warm and cozy home for Mary and Martin...just perfect! Hope you have many hours of enjoyment with Mary's new house....until she finds another one she can't live without!
    And congrats on your one year anniversary....what a little encouragement from a friend can start! Hugs and slices, Flo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, Amy, and my congrats to you on your year of blogging! I loved meeting you in Chicago this year, and I always enjoy your posts. Have fun playing with your Emerson and happy holidays! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary! So glad you have shared your stories and pictures. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. in the pic, there's a little gap between the mittered glass corners 1L and 1M. mine does too. do you think there is a way to eliminate the gap?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Anonymous. I did not put my house together. I hired a smart young couple who had previously put one together. If you have the first production run of the house there are some flaws and this is probably one of them. I do not know what 1L and 1M pieces are. I would suggest you contact Brinca Dada and just ask. I do know the second production run of the house had tighter quality controls so things fit together better. Good Luck and let me know what you find out.

    ReplyDelete